Location Writing Pt.1

For 42 minutes I wrote in a nice park with a big open space that faded into a deep forest. There was one family there but they left after a few minutes.  I could hear the river running below me and the hundreds of different kinds of plants were green and blowing in a slight breeze around me. One of my favorite sounds was the faint train horn, that I decided would be a wonderful sound to put in a story. The story I worked on was of course The Ones in Silver, Though I am having some trouble moving the plot along.


Here is a small bit of the story that I wrote while in this location. 

As we sat at the picnic table I dared a question that had been brewing in my mind. 
"Anybody ever tried to escape?" I ask.
The chatter in my small group falls silent in a sudden hush and all eyes fall upon me. Emory sets her cold spaghetti down on the picnic table as if preparing to give me an important life lesson. 
"Yes." Jax answers before she could. 
From the look on her face she didn't enjoy the answer he had given. 
"His name was Mitch Kaldera. He thought he was a total pro at anything and everything." Ashton states, prodding at his burrito with a plastic fork. I could tell he had known the boy and hadn't taken a liking to him. 
"What happened?" I push the conversation.
"He-"
Emory jumps up and covers Ashtons mouth.
"We don't want to scare her even more!" She says quickly.
I was already a little uneasy. . .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

***This Sentence Pt.2***

Does this hook you in?

sneak peek on my story- The Ones in Silver 6/14/17