Can you see this? Pt. 2

Once again, I have created a scene that relates to a picture. Below this beautiful picture is a "mind picture" (In other words a writing piece that relates to an image or landscape you haven't made up). Does my writing piece remind you of this image?


I lay my hands over my stomach and stare through the branches. The deep world of stars glimmered over me like a great ballroom chandelier. Every glint a fragile crystal that hung from a string of gravity, held together by galaxies of other crystals. I felt small against the big open sky, but most of all, I felt lonely. I wanted to scold myself, remind myself that all I needed was Lupa, that there was no one worthy of my trust, but strange feelings still tore at my gut like a growing hunger. I close my eyes, the sound of the breeze rushing playfully through the trees, the electric buzz of cicadas a comfort against the pierce of darkness. The world seems to fade and my mind wills me toward sleep, my breath slowing into heavy rises and falls like tides of the ocean. I always wanted to go to the ocean, and that was my last yearning thought before my dreams pulled me into an unexplainable land of hopes and friendships that would never really be in my reach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

***This Sentence Pt.2***

Does this hook you in?

sneak peek on my story- The Ones in Silver 6/14/17