Does this hook you in?

Does this snippet pull you in? Would you want to read more? Or wonder what story this is from?
“But we don't know the situation.” I say, I knew that I wasn’t really helping.
She let’s out a deep breath as if she’d been holding it, it sounded slightly agitated. Another moment of silence, this whole things was one big confusing mess. Were these people brainwashed and somehow I wasn’t? To release these uneasy thoughts I stand and walk over to the fridge, I open it and pull out two Ginger Sparkling Waters and pop them open. The fridge closes automatically behind me and I set a Water down on the coffee table in front of Emory’s processing mind. I seat myself, perch myself on my arms that were wrapped around my knees and watch the bubbles rise quickly to the top of the bottle every few seconds. Only after a while of losing myself in my own thoughts did I realize the water had started vibrating on the top, pulses, as if something big was stomping around just outside. Furrowing my brow I lift my head, listening. But no sound could be heard even in the distance.
“Umm, Emory?” I say, not taking my eyes off the bottle of water.
She looks up.
“Look, I mean its probably me just going insane but isn’t this a little weird?” I say peering closer.
She leans forward and focuses on the bottle, after a confused look up at me her eyes lock focus with the movement. She reaches for her knife case and pulls the shining metal butterfly knife out.
“Okay…” I say, confused.
“This isn’t good.” She says and looks around wildly.

As I stand to join her I suddenly bend forward In a helpless attempt to cover my ears for the excruciatingly loud screech that came from somewhere in the building...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

***This Sentence Pt.2***

sneak peek on my story- The Ones in Silver 6/14/17